1.According to the voltage grade:
Usually AC1000V and under called low voltage switchgear (e.g., PGL, GGD, GCK, GBD, MNS, etc.), above AC1000V called high voltage switchgear(such as GG – 1A, XGN15, KYN48, etc.), sometimes called AC10kV in the high voltage as medium voltage switchgear (e.g., 10 kv XGN15 type ring network switchgear).
2.According to the voltage waveform:
AC switchgear, DC switchgear.
3.According to the internal structure:
Draw-out switchgear（e.g., GCS、GCK、MNS etc.）、Fixed type switchgear（e.g., GGD etc.）
4.According to the purpose:
Incoming cabinet, outlet cabinet, metering cabinet, capacitor cabinet, corner cabinet, bus connection cabinet.
Switchgear operating procedures:
1.Power supply procedures:
1) Installed front sealing plate, then close the bottom of the front door.
2) Operate grounding switch spindle and make it break.
3) Transport the handcart(in the state of break) with transshipment car (flat car)into the cabinet(test location).
4 ) Insert the second plug into static socket(Test position indicator light), close the middle of the front door.
5) Use handle push the handcart from test position(break state) to work position(work position indicator light on, test position indicator light off ).
6) Switch off circuit breaker handcart.
2.Outage (maintenance) operation procedures:
1) Switch on the circuit breaker handcart.
2) Use handle exit the handcart from work position(break state) to test position.
3) Work position indicator light on, test position indicator light off.
4) Open the middle of the front door.
5) Pull the second plug out of static socket(test position indicator light off).
6) Use transshipment car exit handcart(in the state of break) outside the cabinet.
7) Operate grounding switch spindle and make it closing.
8) Open rear sealing plate and bottom of the front door.